Static electricity Measuring instruments
If you are dealing with static electricity or a static charge, then there is usually a need to know how high that charge is in terms of kV and of which polarity the Voltage is. Measuring instruments can help you to make the invisible phenomenon static electricity more visible by means of measuring the electric field with the electrical fieldmeter. Measuring static electricity is particularly helpfull when you encounter problems like static chocks. When is it useful to measure static charge?
- For locating the source of static charge
- For locating the polarity of the static electricity
- After a neutralisation system to measure the effectiveness of the static eliminators
- For active full control of the ionisation in level and polarity inline
- As quality control to give a guarantee to your customer
- As control after a static charger
How can I measure static charge? There are 2 ways and 1 detection possible:
- Manually with a static locator FMX-004
- Automatic(in-line) with the Sensor IQ Easy
- Basic detecting the presence of a (high) static energy with the Simco TensION
In order to determine if and where there is a static charge, an electrostatic fieldmeter FMX-004 can be used. Herewith the electric field strength can be measured at a set distance without contact. The Sensor IQ Easy offers even more options.
It delivers measurement values to devices in an IQ Easy system so that they can be actively regulated depending on the measured values. Furthermore, the measured values can be logged via the Manager IQ Easy for further evaluation. This gives you a unique tool to control your process and capture process parameters for quality control.
Chat with an expert now!
Click on the chat button to immediately find the right solution for your problem regarding static electricity with one of our technical experts. You can both chat and video call with our customer service to describe your situation in the best possible way. No time to chat now? Send an e-mail to our customer service or call us: +31 (0) 573 288333. Would you prefer to contact your local expert? Then take a look at our representatives in your region here!